The required dependencies are in d/control; so there is nothing further
to be done.

When trying to build network-manager-applet the same way we do in
Ubuntu; consider using the branch lp:~network-manager/network-manager-
applet/ubuntu; along with the standard 'bzr bd' commands for building;
as per UDD.

Feel free to contact me (cyphermox) on IRC Freenode in channels #ubuntu-
desktop or #nm if you need additional help.

** Changed in: network-manager-applet (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to network-manager-applet in Ubuntu.

  packaging-dev missing dependency for dh-autoreconf

Status in Ubuntu Distributed Development:
  Invalid
Status in “network-manager-applet” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Not sure if this is the right place to report, but I was only able to
  build network-manager-applet as described in
  http://developer.ubuntu.com/packaging/html/udd-working.html after
  installing the dh-autoreconf package.

  The error I got before was:
  dh clean --with autoreconf
  dh: unable to load addon autoreconf: Can't locate
Debian/Debhelper/Sequence/autoreconf.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.12.4 /usr/local/share/perl/5.12.4 /usr/lib/perl5
/usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.12 /usr/share/perl/5.12
/usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at (eval 23) line 2.
  BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 23) line 2.

  make: *** [clean] Error 2
  dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules clean gave error exit status 2
  debuild: fatal error at line 1348:
  dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -d -us -uc -S failed
  bzr: ERROR: The build failed.