Revised release notes paragraph:

"""
Users upgrading from previous releases may notice that newly started
applications during the upgrade procedure may display broken text, observable
as "squares" instead of the text meant to be displayed. This is observable as a
dialog that may popup during the upgrade procedure; it should read "An error
occurred while loading or saving configuration information for
evolution-alarm-notify. Some of your configuration settings may not work
properly." and does not block the upgrade process. Users wishing to close that
dialog should press the bottom button. This issue is only affecting the current
session while the upgrade is being executed; and should no longer appear after
rebooting the system once the upgrade is completed. This is being investigated
as bug 1038573.
"""

Packages, which is subscribed to evolution in Ubuntu.

  Unreadable messages displayed during Lucid -> Precise upgrade

Status in “evolution” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “evolution” source package in Precise:

  I'm just testing 10.04.4 -> 12.04.1 upgrades and the upgrade did
  complete successfully but twice during the upgrade I was presented
  with a dialog box that's totally unreadable, and the upgrade process
  does not proceed until I click on the unreadable widget in the lower
  right hand corner of the box. I'm attaching a screenshot.

  Package: update-manager 1:0.156.14.9
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-29-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu12
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Sun Aug 19 00:30:02 2012
  GsettingsChanges:
   com.ubuntu.update-manager first-run false
   com.ubuntu.update-manager launch-time 1345345338
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release i386 (20120214.2)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: update-manager
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2012-08-19 (0 days ago)
  VarLogDistupgradeAptclonesystemstate.tar.gz: Error: [Errno 13] Permission
denied: '/var/log/dist-upgrade/apt-clone_system_state.tar.gz'