   backlight always stays on

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-power-manager in Ubuntu.

  Screen backlight doesn't shut down

Status in Gnome Powermanager:
  Unknown
Status in “gnome-power-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  My machine is an Imac G4 800MHz,256Mo Ram,17" LCD screen and Nvidia Geforce 4
video card.
  System is Xubuntu Feisty with all the latest updates.I didn't recompile the
kernel.
  I use the nv drivers since the proprietary drivers are not available for ppc
computers.

  Everything is working nice except one thing,when I ask the Screen to shut off
using DPMS
  (xset dpms force off),the screen is getting blank as well,but the backlight
is not shut off.
  I tried to switch the DPMS thing in xorg.conf without success.