I believe this is a duplicate of bug #816400.

   NM can't power off Ericsson F3507g WWAN (but can power it on)

  Ericsson F3507g WWAN no way to power it off

Status in NetworkManager:
  Fix Released
Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: network-manager

  Once the WWAN connection is established, I can disconnect from network, but
cannot power the device off (WWAN diode is on). Even if I disable GSM
Networking in network manager applet.
  I could send manually command AT+CFUN=0 to power it off. But maybe there
should be some other way. Like shortcut for toggling WLAN and Bluetooth
connectivity in my thinkpad.
  On Windows System in the pop-up activated by this shortcut (Fn+F5) I can also
enable/disable WWAN radio.

  Package: network-manager 0.8.4~git.20110319t175609.d14809b-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-8.41-generic 2.6.38.2
  Uname: Linux 2.6.38-8-generic i686
  Architecture: i386
  CRDA: Error: [Errno 2] Nie ma takiego pliku ani katalogu