Public bug reported:

Problem:
I've got accounts setup properly, facebook IM and gmail. I know they work 
because I access the accounts with other IM clients using the same credentials.

Details:
Upon starting empathy I get the following message twice:
"There was an error while trying to connect to the Telepathy Account Manager. 
The error was:
Process /usr/lib/telepathy/mission-control-5 exited with status 1"

The message on the roster says: "You need to setup an account to see
contacts here."


Observation
I check to see my accounts and they are most certainly there and configured. 
Apparently, there is a matter of dispute whether I have accounts configured or 
have them at all.

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.10
Package: empathy 3.5.91-0ubuntu2
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-14.15-generic 3.5.3
Uname: Linux 3.5.0-14-generic i686
ApportVersion: 2.5.1-0ubuntu7
Architecture: i386
Date: Sun Sep  9 21:02:44 2012
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Release i386 (20110427.1)
SourcePackage: empathy
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to quantal on 2012-08-18 (22 days ago)

** Affects: empathy (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New


** Tags: apport-bug i386 quantal

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to empathy in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1048421

Title:
  empathy: Error contacting the Account Manager

Status in “empathy” package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  Problem:
  I've got accounts setup properly, facebook IM and gmail. I know they work 
because I access the accounts with other IM clients using the same credentials.

  Details:
  Upon starting empathy I get the following message twice:
  "There was an error while trying to connect to the Telepathy Account Manager. 
The error was:
  Process /usr/lib/telepathy/mission-control-5 exited with status 1"

  The message on the roster says: "You need to setup an account to see
  contacts here."

  
  Observation
  I check to see my accounts and they are most certainly there and configured. 
Apparently, there is a matter of dispute whether I have accounts configured or 
have them at all.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.10
  Package: empathy 3.5.91-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-14.15-generic 3.5.3
  Uname: Linux 3.5.0-14-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.5.1-0ubuntu7
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Sun Sep  9 21:02:44 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Release i386 (20110427.1)
  SourcePackage: empathy
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to quantal on 2012-08-18 (22 days ago)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/empathy/+bug/1048421/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to