Actually, you can create your account using the 'simple' account widget
and then change its advanced settings later.

The real bug here is that your account has been migrated to Ubuntu Online
Accounts but doesn't appear in the UOA panel.
Which Empathy version are you using? Could you please post the output of
'mc-tool dump' ? (mission-control  5.13.1 needed).

Packages, which is subscribed to empathy in Ubuntu.

  empathy no longer allows for extended jabber configuration

Status in “empathy” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “empathy” source package in Quantal:

  I have been using Empathy for a longtime, primarily for Jabber to a
  private network. Recent updates in 12.10 imported my previous settings
  ok, but I am no longer able to edit those settings because when I
  click Empathy/Accounts from the global menu, I get the Online Accounts
  setup, and it doesn't seem to know about my previous setup.
  Furthermore, if I try to add a jabber account, the account setup is
  far too limited with only a jabber id and password presented, which
  prevents me from using empathy with the aforementioned private
  network.