Wanted to report that post #49/50 currently works for my R.A.T.7 in Arch
Linux x86_64.   I've created "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/
15-ratmouse.conf" and placed GA's code inside, just replacing

MatchProduct "R.A.T.7|R.A.T.9"     with

MatchUSBID "06a3:0cd7"

(not to say that the MatchProduct doesn't work, but I'd already taken
the time to find the usb ID)

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 06a3:0cd7 Saitek PLC
Linux Archy 3.5.3-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Aug 26 09:14:51 CEST 2012 x86_64
GNU/Linux

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-evdev in Ubuntu.

  Madcatz Cyborg R.A.T. 7 focus issues

Status in “xserver-xorg-input-evdev” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “xorg” package in Fedora:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: xorg

  When using the Madcatz Cyborg R.A.T. 7 mouse, Xorg will lock the focus
  to a single window.

  The mouse continues to work but all events continue to go to the
  active window, even when the action is outside the active window.

  This affects all mice on the system until you unhook the  R.A.T. 7.
  Sometimes clicking the mouse's "Mode" button while over another
  application will also fix the issue.

  I've seen this bug using TWM,Metacity and Compiz

  This also seems to be an issue on Fedora 13, but is fixed in Xorg git
  as of 2010.08.09.  I've replicated the bug in 10.04 and 10.10 alpha 3.

  I've attached evtest-capture and Xorg.log logs (from fedora 13)
  ---
  Architecture: i386
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.04
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid Lynx" - Beta i386 (20100318)
  Package: xorg 1:7.5+5ubuntu1
  PackageArchitecture: i386
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, user)
   LANG=en_US.utf8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  Tags: lucid
  Uname: Linux 2.6.35 i686
  UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout lpadmin plugdev sambashare
  system:
   distro:             Ubuntu
   codename:           lucid
   architecture:       i686