I just tried both 11.11.28-0ubuntu1.2 and 12.07.30-precise1, and they
both still give an error "forecast information cannot be fetched" when
trying to see the forcast.

Please help!

Al

Packages, which is subscribed to indicator-weather in Ubuntu.

  Weather indicator fails to update anything when earthtools.org is down

Status in Indicator-Weather:
  Fix Released
Status in “indicator-weather” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “indicator-weather” source package in Precise:

  --- SRU Justification ---

  [IMPACT]

  Currently, indicator-weather will not update. The site that it pulls
  sunrise and sunset times from is down. It does not gracefully handle
  this. It blocks trying to refresh and can also crash with an
  AttributeError.

  [TESTCASE]

  Run indicator-weather from precise.

  If you have never run it before, it will not show any weather
  information at all. If you've run it in the past the old information
  will remain.

  Click refresh. With the version in precise, it will say "Refreshing,
  please wait..." indefinitely.

  Install the version from precise-proposed. Running it should now both
  show weather information if this is your first time running it as well
  as successfully refresh.

  [Regression Potential]

  There is very little regression potential. The biggest issue is that
  we have no idea if or when earthtools.org will be back up, so sunrise
  and sunset times will be listed as "Unknown" for the foreseeable
  future. This is still much better than it not working at all.

  ---

  I'm not sure what causes it, but the indicator seems to crash
  frequently (1-2 times per day) and, from what I can tell, randomly.  I
  haven't been able to pinpoint the cause, but notice that it seems to
  happen after entering screensaver mode.  I'm not sure if that's
  completely true or just when I happen to notice it's missing.

    Installed: 11.11.28~oneiric2
    Candidate: 11.11.28~oneiric2
    Version table:
   *** 11.11.28~oneiric2 0
          500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/weather-indicator-team/ppa/ubuntu/
oneiric/main i386 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       11.05.31-0ubuntu2.1 0
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ oneiric-updates/universe
i386 Packages
       11.05.31-0ubuntu2 0
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ oneiric/universe i386
Packages

  Package: indicator-weather 11.11.28~oneiric2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0.0-16.29-generic-pae 3.0.20
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-16-generic-pae i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: i386