[Expired for network-manager (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity
for 60 days.]

** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

  network manager breaks autofs

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: network-manager

  Ubuntu 9.10
  network-manager

  Network manager tends to break autofs remote mounting of home
  directories.  I believe what is happening is that autofs in being
  started before network manager has a working network connection and
  then it just fails.  I can get autofs to work by logging in a user
  with a local home directory and restarting autofs after boot is
  finished.  In 9.04 I was able to fix the problem by reordering init
  scripts

  mv /etc/rc2.d/S50NetworkManager /etc/rc2.d/S26NetworkManager
  mv /etc/rc2.d/S18nis /etc/rc2.d/S27nis
  mv /etc/rc2.d/S19autofs /etc/rc2.d/S28autofs

  and  adding

  sleep 20

  to /etc/init.d/NetworkManager right before it exits.

  However it appears 9.10 has moved more thoroughly to upstart so I
  could not easily implement this fix.

  I currently have things working fine by simply uninstalling network
  manager (since I don't need it on a desktop), but it is unfortunate
  that the default breaks like this.