[Expired for network-manager (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity
for 60 days.]

** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

  NetworkManager fails to ignore wlan0 which has been configured in
  /e/n/i

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I had set up in Ubuntu 9.04 a network config fixed at
  /etc/netwrking/interfaces in a PC acting as a home printer server SO
  that users just have to switch ON the machine to access the server
  printer and shared folders but do not need to log in as any user.

  All WAS working over a wlan interface (wlan0) on Ubuntu 9.04

  Once I upgraded to 9.10, the network became unstable, disconnected
  most of the time. I have seen the logs at /var/log/syslog and the
  problems SEEMS to be that NetworkManager is NOT ignoring wlan0
  interface as it should because it is being listed in
  /etc/network/interfaces and should be managed manually ONLY.

  The connection is unstable because NetworkManager is competing with
  /etc/init.d/networking to manage the device.

  Once I remove the config at /etc/network/interfaces, NetworkManager
  has the device for itself and manages to give me stable connections.

  How can I force NetworkManager TO IGNORE wlan0?
  Shoud I deinstall it completelly?

  [This is not the first time NetworkManager fails on me when I do not
  seek the default config... is it really worth it?]