So if I understood correctly Qt is only using the dlopen approach to overcome 
restrictions to crypto exports but not (L)GPL incompatibilities, like stated 
here: 
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/ssl.html

Getting back to our point I'll need the definitive opinion from Poppler
maintainers on using dlopen'ed openssl or replacing it with NSS.

Both options are extra work but I'm willing to do the extra mile to get
this accepted.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to poppler in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/740506

Title:
  verify digital signatures

Status in Poppler:
  Confirmed
Status in “poppler” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: evince

  This is a feature request to verify digital signatures.  I'm receiving more 
and more digitally signed PDF's and evince already acknowledges them with:
  Signature Not Verified
  Digitally signed by <signer>
  Date:  <time stamp>
  Reason: <reason>
  Location: <location>
  but it would be great if Evince would be integrated into the distro's 
ca-certificate infrastructure to verify these signatures.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/poppler/+bug/740506/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to