** Branch linked: lp:python-distutils-extra

Packages, which is subscribed to python-distutils-extra in Ubuntu.

  python-mkdebian generates malformed copyright strings in
  debian/copyright

Status in Enhancements to Python's distutils:
  Fix Released
Status in “python-distutils-extra” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  I first found the issue reported here:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/162718/quickly-creates-wrong-debian-copyright-file
  and I am seeing the same output.

  When generating debian/copyright, python-mkdebian appears to be
  pulling copyright lines from multiple files which is fine, but then I
  end up with a section of debian/copyright that looks like this:

  Files: *
  Copyright: (C) 2012 Aaron Haviland <or...@parsed.net>
  Copyright: (C) 2012 Aaron Haviland &lt;or...@parsed.net&gt;</property>
  Copyright: (C) 2012 Aaron Haviland <or...@parsed.net>

  The bad lines are coming from data/ui/AboutKwiklyDialog.ui:

  ./data/ui/AboutKwiklyDialog.ui:    <property name="copyright"
translatable="yes">Copyright (C) 2012 Aaron Haviland
&lt;or...@parsed.net&gt;</property>
  ./data/ui/AboutKwiklyDialog.ui:    <property name="license"
translatable="yes"># Copyright (C) 2012 Aaron Haviland &lt;or...@parsed.net&gt;
  ./data/ui/AboutKwiklyDialog.ui:    <property name="authors">Copyright (C)
2012 Aaron Haviland &lt;or...@parsed.net&gt;</property>