Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-input-evdev (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-evdev in Ubuntu.

  evdev is not compatible to QT-applications when using tablets

Status in “xserver-xorg-input-evdev” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: xserver-xorg-input-evdev

  Hello,

  evdev has the problem that it is not compatible to QT-Applications, I have
tested this with a self-programmed software.
  Tested this in kubuntu 11.04 daily build (2011-02-18).
  I think QT-Applications like Krita, ... doesn't work, too (based on previous
experience)

  evdev is not compatible to the QTabletEvent from QT, see here:
  http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/qtabletevent.html

  See here, too, there is described that it works with WIZARDPEN-driver
  in ubuntu 9.10 but doesn't work in 10.10:

  9.10 config works (with WIZARDPEN) with setting device name to "stylus" in
9.10
  with that line: <merge key="info.product" type="string">stylus</merge> in
hal-config of wizardpen

  I'm using the wacom driver for my Genius G-Pen F610 tablet. This work's fine.
  But there are other tablets have perhaps a need for the evdev driver - I
don't know.
  With kubuntu 11.04 daily-build (2011-02-18) now my tablet works fine in
GTK-applications (in (k)ubuntu 10.10 evdev doesn't work fine - see ubuntuforums
link (click event when only moveing the stylus)).

  How long it does until the much tablet drivers: wizardpen, aiptek, evdev and
wacom are going into one driver (a.e. the wacom driver)?
  It clould be that X11 could be replaced by Wayland, that you have heared - I
think.
  I dont't know if this too much of work (making evdev working with QT), if X11
will replaced to Wayland or the much tablet drivers going into one.

  Best regard and thanks

  Stefan Koch