OK I don't mind so much about having two different strings. Translators
might feel differently, however.

But I don't see what we're trying to be consistent with by having "Legal
Notice" top right like that. The only other panel I have installed here
that does anything similar is the "Color" one, and that already has some
text up there so it doesn't look /so/ bad. Otherwise, there isn't really
so much consistency between panels that I can discern. Really I'd prefer
the link to be inline in both cases.

Seems like mardy agrees that it doesn't look very good on the review[0],
and Dave in comment #7 here. Any chance you could reconsider?

[0] https://code.launchpad.net/~amigadave/online-accounts-gnome-control-
center/legal-notice/+merge/126387/comments/271997

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-control-center-signon in Ubuntu.

  [UIFe] Add legal notice buttons to UI

Status in “gnome-control-center-signon” package in Ubuntu:

  The online accounts settings panel stores credentials and access
  tokens for online services locally, and shows service provider icons
  to associate a local account with a provider. This presents some
  problems when complying with the terms of service of the online
  providers, as most require that it is clear that services are not
  misrepresented as being recommended by the provider in question,
  especially with the use of provider logos. To comply with the terms of
  service, it must be made clear what the scope of the application
  (Online Accounts) is and how the user's data is used.

  To fix this, in consultation with Canonical legal counsel and design,
  I have added a legal notice to the Mallard help of the Online Accounts
  control centre panel. The notice briefly explains what the Online
  Accounts technology does with the user's information and some other
  legal details. I have linked this help page to the panel UI with two
  new link buttons, one shown during authorization and the other shown
  during configuration, so that the user can access the legal notice
  from the UI at all times.

  The relevant UI changes are the addition of two user-visible strings
  (‘Learn more’ and ‘Legal notice’ for the link buttons), the change of
  an existing string (adds a full stop at the end of a sentence) and the
  addition of the legal notice as a Mallard page (a page of legal copy).
  The additions result in the UI of the panel changing to accommodate
  the new buttons, such that any existing screenshots would need to be
  retaken. I will attach screenshots to demonstrate the UI changes.

  The merged changes which are included in this UI freeze exception
  request are: