so I have *no* idea why I had roaraudio packages installed, so I
removed/ourged everything that mentioned it...and now sound works! :)
Thanks for the debug tip Luke, I'll close this as not a bug.
** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu Quantal)
Status: New => Invalid
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1056433
Title:
No sound: Dummy device only
Status in “pulseaudio” package in Ubuntu:
Invalid
Status in “pulseaudio” source package in Quantal:
Invalid
Bug description:
I've tried removing the .pulse* stuff and rebooting...no help.
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.10
Package: pulseaudio 1:2.1-0ubuntu3
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-15.23-generic 3.5.4
Uname: Linux 3.5.0-15-generic x86_64
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
ApportVersion: 2.5.2-0ubuntu4
Architecture: amd64
AudioDevicesInUse: Error: command ['fuser', '-v', '/dev/snd/by-path',
'/dev/snd/controlC0', '/dev/snd/hwC0D0', '/dev/snd/hwC0D3',
'/dev/snd/pcmC0D0c', '/dev/snd/pcmC0D0p', '/dev/snd/pcmC0D3p',
'/dev/snd/pcmC0D2c', '/dev/snd/pcmC0D7p', '/dev/snd/seq', '/dev/snd/timer']
failed with exit code 1:
Date: Tue Sep 25 15:19:07 2012
ProcEnviron:
TERM=xterm
PATH=(custom, no user)
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: pulseaudio
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to quantal on 2012-06-28 (89 days ago)
dmi.bios.date: 07/29/2008
dmi.bios.vendor: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
dmi.bios.version: R01-A3
dmi.board.name: WMCP78M
dmi.board.vendor: Acer
dmi.chassis.asset.tag: 0000000000000000000000
dmi.chassis.type: 3
dmi.chassis.vendor: Acer
dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnPhoenixTechnologies,LTD:bvrR01-A3:bd07/29/2008:svnAcer:pnAspireX1200:pvrR01-A3:rvnAcer:rnWMCP78M:rvr:cvnAcer:ct3:cvr:
dmi.product.name: Aspire X1200
dmi.product.version: R01-A3
dmi.sys.vendor: Acer
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/1056433/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp