Hello Jarlath, thank you for your report and I'm sorry that you are
experiencing this issue. The error that you are seeing affects a small
percentage of credit card authorization services, and unfortunately, it
appears that your credit card is one of those affected.

This is an active bug already, bug 1043011, and I will mark this one as
a duplicate of that one. Please monitor bug 1043011 for the status of a
fix for this, and to add any additional info or comments that you may
have.

In the meantime until we get this bug fixed, and if you like, you could
instead use the PayPal option for payment. Using that option you can pay
with your credit card and you will bypass this issue.

Many thanks again for your help!
Gary

   Purchasing a game in software center results in a SSL handshake error

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  SSL handshake failed: My purchase fails with error message

Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:

  To buy "Wizorb", I filled out all my payment details and clicked
  "Review Payment" (or something similar) to arrive at a white page with
  only this text:

  Unable to load page

  Problem occurred while loading the URL

https://www.securesuite.co.uk/mbna/tdsecure/opt_in_dispatcher.jsp?partner=mbnairelandvisa&VAA=B

  SSL handshake failed

  Package: software-center 5.2.6
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-31.50-generic-pae 3.2.28
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-31-generic-pae i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu13
  Architecture: i386