I have reported the bug according to the description here:

https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Bugs/Reporting#Filing_bugs_at_Launchpad.net

So kubuntu related bugs are reported side by side to plain ubuntu bugs.
Please RTFM before you shout !

But as I have reported a problem with empathy, I don't think it is a
kubuntu related bug itself but with empathy.

** Changed in: empathy (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to empathy in Ubuntu.

  Empathy wrong background color selection in kubuntu

Status in “empathy” package in Ubuntu:

  I am using empathy in kubuntu 12.04. When selecting text in empathy,
  either in the history or at the input, the text color is switched to
  white, but the background color stays also white. So you'll end up
  with white text color at white background. The text is marked
  correctly and you can copy it. I think empathy does in
  ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals not consider the

  [Colors:Selection]
  BackgroundNormal=67,172,232

  but stays with

  [Colors:View]
  BackgroundNormal=255,255,255

  As a "workaround" you can change

  [Colors:View]
  BackgroundNormal

  to something different than white, but then your complete desktop is
  changing ...