** Changed in: baltix

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-disk-utility in Ubuntu.

  Enhancement: Prompt to check a busy file system on next reboot

Status in gnome-disk-utility:
  Unknown
Status in “gnome-disk-utility” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in Baltix GNU/Linux:

  Binary package hint: gnome-disk-utility

  When selecting "Check File System" on a file system which is is use,
  you currently get an error stating the device is busy.

  If a disk was busy, Disk Utility could prompt the user and ask if the
  file system should be scheduled for a check on the next reboot.

  I have just found out about the special file "/forcefsck"
  (http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-force-fsck-on-the-next-reboot-or-
  boot-sequence/) which forces the file system to be checked on the next
  reboot, and due to this I think this is a potentially simple
  implementation.  Disk Utility would just have to prompt and create
  that file.