Do I understand correctly that this means that there is no longer a way
to automatically show all queues available in the user's current
location and that we have to manually add each printer on each location
(and that those printers won't disappear when the user moves somewhere
else)?

If that's the case, this is a serious regression...

Packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  Printer sharing via CUPS broadcasting dropped in CUPS 1.6.x

Status in “cups” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “system-config-printer” package in Ubuntu:

  Ever since upgrading to Quantal the 'Show printers shared by other
  systems' option is greyed out in System Settings -> Printing.  (And,
  perhaps redundantly, advertised printers which I saw before the
  upgrade, no longer appear.)