Is this still a bug in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS?

Packages, which is subscribed to metacity in Ubuntu.

  desktop switching issue

Status in The Metacity Window Manager:
  Confirmed
Status in “metacity” package in Ubuntu:

  I have the following keys bound to switching virtual desktops:

  ctrl+alt+right = move one desktop to the "right"
  ctrl+alt+left = move to the left

  To reproduce the bug:
  1) hold ctrl+alt
  2) press left (or right)
  3) release ctrl, but continue holding alt
  4) press left or right -- desktop switches (unexpected)

  I don't know if this is an Ubuntu problem, or gnome, or something
  specific to my installation.  Also, don't consider it a big deal.  But
  I DO think it makes the gui seem un-polished, and expect it can be
  easily fixed.

  Cheers.