Radeon 9550

With today`s daily I cannot boot with "live video=ofonly", it haults at

* starting NTP server ntpd
* starting crash report submission deaemon
* starting system V runtime compatibility
* starting
* starting
* stopping

Booting with no parameters added in bootstage I still get the coarse pixeled
desktop

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in Ubuntu.

  "No devices detected" radeon regression

Status in “xserver-xorg-video-ati” package in Ubuntu:

  Testing the quantal daily/live ISOs I've noticed a regression with the
  radeon driver.  The last ISO I tested was from the 19th of Sept and
  that was fine.  Yesterdays live/desktop ISO (28/9/2012) fails to start
  the Xorg server.  It reports that no devices are detected.  Creating a
  very simple xorg.conf overcomes the problem:

  Section "Device"
  Identifier "Card0"
  Driver "radeon"
  BusID "PCI:0:16:0"
  EndSection

  I'll attach the Xorg.0.log from running with and without the above
  xorg.conf.