I recently upgraded to Ubuntu 12.04 and I'm having this weird issue trying to
scroll up/down in Gedit, Nautilus, USC, etc. (no problem with scrolling in
Google Chrome, Gnome Terminal, etc.)
I'm able to scroll up/down using the arrows but not with two fingers.
Although I'm able to scroll right/left using two fingers.

Restarting the system solves it for a while but after some hours it comes back.
I don't know what is triggering it.

Linux 3.2.0-24-generic
Gedit 3.4.1
Asus 1215N
---
ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu7
Architecture: i386
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Release i386 (20111012)
Package: gedit 3.4.1-0ubuntu1
PackageArchitecture: i386
Tags:  precise
Uname: Linux 3.2.0-24-generic i686
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2012-04-27 (3 days ago)
UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout lpadmin plugdev sambashare

** Affects: xserver-xorg-input-synaptics (Ubuntu)

** Tags: apport-collected dist-upgrade fingers oneiric2precise scrolling
touchpad
--
Cannot use vertical scrolling using two fingers
Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.