Can you reproduce this bug with supported Ubuntu versions? Thank you!

Packages, which is subscribed to gutenprint in Ubuntu.

  job for canon pixma ip3000 disappears on imac

Status in “gutenprint” package in Ubuntu:

  I just upgraded from feisty to gutsy on my ppc g3. I tried to print a
  test page on my canon pixma ip3000, but that doesn't work. I see the
  processes 'rastertogutenprint' and 'gs' that use all cpu for about 20
  secs. After that, the canon pixma ip3000 led blinks shortly (2 secs).
  And then, the print job just disapears and nothing is printed. This
  printer allways worked in feisty and stopped working just after the
  upgrade.