** Changed in: acpi (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-power-manager in Ubuntu.

  System crashes on ac power unless acpi=off, but runs on battery

Status in “acpi” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “gnome-power-manager” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “acpi” package in Baltix:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Although Feisty runs fine in my Sony Vaio PCG-K115z laptop on ac power
  or batteries, I can only boot to Gusty if the laptop is running on
  battery.

  If I try to boot with ac power the system crashes some seconds after
  GDM is loaded. And, if I boot on battery and, after the system is
  loaded, I plug the ac power, the system crashes instantly.

  The only way to boot on ac power (or to plug it after boot on battery
  and keep the system running) is to set acpi=off in the kernel line.
  I've tried to check the acpi configs and events triggered by the ac
  power, but could not find any problem. I've also forced the crash
  plugging the ac power after system load to check system logs for that
  second, but nothing is registered.

  [Hardy Heron Development]
  The same model as above, except for me it does not work even if the laptop is
run on battery power. However, running with acpi=off/ noacpi affects useful
areas like wireless interface.

  Note that in my case GDM is able to load when booting with kernel boot
  option "acpi=ht".