Two years and still no decent reply about this problem?
I found that the most annoying thing on this bug report is that you CAN create 
groups and you CAN add people to them, and empathy silently screw things up 
when you restart it.
Why is not possible to save groups locally? I'm sure the data structure is not 
coming from the Internet, but being created locally with remote data. Is it 
that hard to simply save locally the assigned groups for Facebook contacts?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to empathy in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/610131

Title:
  Facebook contacts cannot be added to groups

Status in “empathy” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: empathy

  When I attempt to create a group & add Facebook contacts to it nothing
  happens. The group can be named anything & I've tested this with
  multiple Facebook contacts. Closing & reopening Empathy causes the new
  group(s) to disappear, as well (which may be normal behavior for empty
  groups).

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.04
  Package: empathy 2.30.2-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-23.37-generic 2.6.32.15+drm33.5
  Uname: Linux 2.6.32-23-generic x86_64
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Mon Jul 26 10:53:31 2010
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release amd64 (20100429)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_US.utf8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: empathy

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/empathy/+bug/610131/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to