Hi Jason, thanks for reporting this bug!
I cannot reproduce it, unfortunately, so I'm going to ask you a couple of
questions. What mouse model are you using? Are you running Ubuntu directly on
your computer, or through some kind of virtualization software (such as
VirtualBox)?

Last, if you have some familiarity with the Linux terminal, could you
please run these commands before starting to create an account:

  killall signon-ui
  export SSOUI_LOGGING_LEVEL=2
  signon-ui

then try to create an account, and paste here the output of the last
command above (make sure that there are no passwords or other sensitive
data in the logs).

** Also affects: online-accounts-account-plugins

** Changed in: online-accounts-account-plugins

** Changed in: online-accounts-account-plugins

Packages, which is subscribed to account-plugins in Ubuntu.

  adding "Online Accounts" in settings application fails if you move the
  mouse

Status in Online Accounts: Account plugins:
  Incomplete
Status in “account-plugins” package in Ubuntu:

  When trying to add my google account via the "All Settings->Online
  Accounts" entry, on the screen where you enter your credentials and
  then click the accept button for the various online forms, if you move
  the mouse anytime in the process, the window flashes then goes back to
  the account list, and adding the account fails.

  Steps:
  1. Go to "All Settings->Online Accounts"
  2. Click "Add account..."
  3. Select one of Facebook, Google or Twitter (the ones I tested with).
  4. A window appears with a form from the online account to authorize ubuntu
to access said account.
  5. Move the mouse
  6. The user is returned to the account list, and no new account is added.

  Workaround:
  You can use the keyboard exclusively to complete the account authorization by
tabbing and using space to "click" on the required fields.