** Package changed: firefox-3.5 (Ubuntu) => firefox (Ubuntu)

  Firefox uses the wrong DPI; should use the GNOME desktop setting in
  GConf

Status in The Mozilla Firefox Browser:
  New
Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “ubufox” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: firefox-3.0

  I noticed that the text on my homepage was larger than it used to be:
  http://alex.weej.com/

  After double-checking my source code (and finding that the font should
  be 10pt high), I checked to see what would happen if I set the DPI
  manually to that of my screen. In about:config I changed
  layout.css.dpi from -1 (automatic?) to 96, and this caused the text to
  be drawn at the right size.

  Firefox is apparently checking the DPI settings for my screen
  automatically. xdpyinfo reports my screen as being:

  screen #0:
    dimensions:    1280x1024 pixels (300x230 millimeters)
    resolution:    108x113 dots per inch

  Which is a bug in X also introduced this cycle.

  Firefox should use the GNOME DPI setting when its own DPI setting is
  "automatic" (-1). This value  currently resides in GConf under
  /desktop/gnome/font_rendering/dpi.

  This also affects Epiphany, which is how I found the problem in the
  first place.

  ProblemType: Bug
  Architecture: i386