You have been subscribed to a public bug:
I have a printer EPSON LX-810L with a adapter CENTRONICS-TO-USB:
http://www.vesalia.de/pic/usbcentronics.jpg
When I print, todo all becomes disordered , the lines are not
syncronyzed, and the text is multiplied, for example, a line that say
"Texto SIMPLE" is prints, and the printer prints: "Texto SIMPLETexto
SIMPLE" with the lines distorted, the header goes crazy.
With Leafpad not only occurs, with LibreOffice in all the tools is the
same, not prints with Draft or NQL, the letters are a disaster, and with
distortion, without margins and the "wordart" (That in Open/LibreOffice
is "Fontwork") is displayed like a lot of squares and lines distorted.
I tested ALL the generics drivers: IBM compatible Dot Matrix, Generic
Text Only, IBM ProPrinter II, Epson 9-pin/24-pin dot matrix, etc.
I have no parallel port to test, therefore i have this cable centronics-
to-USB, with WINDOW$, the printer prints good, with linux is a
disaster,I do not want to print in WINDOW$, I have to print in linux
like should be, I used the latest version of Lubuntu 12.04 with all the
updates until the time, I can not print correctly, because all is
printed untidy, even raising or lowering the "dots-per-inch" o dpi.
PD: the dip Switch of this printer have not any configuration to active
the IBM-compatibility.
Description: Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS
Release: 12.04
---
AlsaVersion: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.24.
AplayDevices:
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1 Analog]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu13
Architecture: amd64
AudioDevicesInUse:
USER PID ACCESS COMMAND
/dev/snd/controlC0: mrojas6996 1440 F.... xfce4-volumed
mrojas6996 1444 F.... pulseaudio
CRDA: Error: command ['iw', 'reg', 'get'] failed with exit code 1: nl80211 not
found.
Card0.Amixer.info:
Card hw:0 'SB'/'HDA ATI SB at 0xfe8f4000 irq 16'
Mixer name : 'Realtek ALC662 rev1'
Components : 'HDA:10ec0662,103c2a98,00100101'
Controls : 34
Simple ctrls : 19
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
HibernationDevice: RESUME=UUID=afafb4e7-d65f-460f-9244-45e56bb62d36
InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 12.04.1 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20120817.3)
IwConfig:
lo no wireless extensions.
eth0 no wireless extensions.
MachineType: Compaq-Presario AY560AA-ABM CQ2405LA
Package: linux (not installed)
ProcFB: 0 radeondrmfb
ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-30-generic
root=UUID=f7e28a42-a8fa-4111-876b-fb29f98196f1 ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-30.48-generic 3.2.27
RelatedPackageVersions:
linux-restricted-modules-3.2.0-30-generic N/A
linux-backports-modules-3.2.0-30-generic N/A
linux-firmware 1.79.1
RfKill:
Tags: precise
Uname: Linux 3.2.0-30-generic x86_64
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
dmi.bios.date: 01/19/2010
dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
dmi.bios.version: 5.05
dmi.board.name: ELVAS
dmi.board.vendor: FOXCONN
dmi.board.version: 1.0
dmi.chassis.type: 3
dmi.chassis.vendor: Hewlett-Packard
dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvr5.05:bd01/19/2010:svnCompaq-Presario:pnAY560AA-ABMCQ2405LA:pvr:rvnFOXCONN:rnELVAS:rvr1.0:cvnHewlett-Packard:ct3:cvr:
dmi.product.name: AY560AA-ABM CQ2405LA
dmi.sys.vendor: Compaq-Presario
** Affects: cups (Ubuntu)
Importance: Medium
Status: New
** Tags: apport-collected kernel-bug-exists-upstream precise
--
Printer EPSON LX-810L with ADAPTER CENTRONICS-TO-USB Cable prints VERY BAD
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1053196
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp