Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. Please edit the top grub menu entry and delete the words
'quiet' and 'splash', then boot up.  If boot up is successful, please
run the command 'apport-collect 1064783' which will attach necessary
information for debugging this as an Xorg problem and attach all the
logs in /var/log/dist-upgrade/ as separate attachments. Thanks in
advance.

** Tags added: amd64 quantal

** Package changed: ubuntu => xorg (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: xorg (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  Won't boot after kernel upgrade

Status in “xorg” package in Ubuntu:

  My computer is a Dell M5110 laptop with an AMD a6-3400 cpu.

  After upgrading 12.10 from the Beta 2 release the screen is blank upon boot.
  I tried the daily image ( quantal-desktop-amd64.iso             09-Oct-2012
07:53  751M  Desktop image for 64-bit PC (AMD64) computers (standard download)
and the screen is blank on boot up too. Using an external monitor doesn't help
either