The import code isn't run in this log. Are you sure you reset the
sanity-cleaning-number gsetting key before ?

Packages, which is subscribed to empathy in Ubuntu.

  empathy no longer allows for extended jabber configuration

Status in “empathy” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “empathy” source package in Quantal:

  I have been using Empathy for a longtime, primarily for Jabber to a
  private network. Recent updates in 12.10 imported my previous settings
  ok, but I am no longer able to edit those settings because when I
  click Empathy/Accounts from the global menu, I get the Online Accounts
  setup, and it doesn't seem to know about my previous setup.
  Furthermore, if I try to add a jabber account, the account setup is
  far too limited with only a jabber id and password presented, which
  prevents me from using empathy with the aforementioned private
  network.