another bug:  If you reach a position where neither player can make a
legal move, but the board is not completely filled, the game isn't
declared "over" with the victor the player with the greater number of
tokens.  In the example I'm attaching, neither player can move and Dark
obviously wins.  Playing as Dark and trying to move to any of the five
vacant squares results in an illegal-move warning, but neither does the
game recognize the "Game Over" situation.

** Attachment added: "iagno_oops.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-games/+bug/988138/+attachment/3407856/+files/iagno_oops.png

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-games in Ubuntu.

  Iagno hangs every game or two in Ubuntu 12.04, is very slow to take AI
  turns, crashes, loops sounds and gives wrong score in the end.  Worked
  fine in 11.10

Status in “gnome-games” package in Ubuntu:

  Following is spammed to ~/.xsession-errors  - might be related.

  ** (iagno:30066): CRITICAL **: computer_player_move: assertion `self
  != NULL' failed

  Once it hangs, if it is playing sounds of pieces, those loop indefinitely.
  You can't close it using the X in the app window, or quit in the left Unity
2D bar.

  You have to open a terminal and issue a kill.

  After the kill, this is spammed to .xsession-errors.

  unity-2d-shell: [WARNING]
  QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod", "No such
  interface `org.ayatana.bamf.application' on object at path
  /org/ayatana/bamf/application890181547")

  Also, I really really dislike the new error message that shows up on
  illegal moves.  I assume that used to be in the footer of the app
  window, I can't recall.  All I know is that every time it shows up,
  the playing area shrinks slightly, which is really distracting.

  Oh, also, the application seems to be overall much more sluggish than
  in the prior release.