It's not closed, just re-assigned to (hopefully) the correct package.

--
Tim

On Tuesday, 23 October 2012 at 7:37 PM, Gareth Williams wrote:

> The modem works fine. But that was never in doubt.
>
> The problem is that on Gnome Remix, ModemManager doesn't open the Network
> Configuration application when an unconfigured modem is connected to the
> system, whereas it does on Unity (and Gnome 3 on Fedora 17).
>
> Therefore, this shouldn't be closed in my humble opinion.
> On Oct 23, 2012 9:30 AM, "Marius Kotsbak" <1070...@bugs.launchpad.net>
> wrote:
>
> > That means the modem works fine with Unity and Gnome classic?
> >
> > ** Changed in: modemmanager (Ubuntu)
> >
> > --
> > You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> > report.
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1070006
> >
> > Title:
> > Mobile Broadband Fails to Configure on Ubuntu-Gnome (ZTE MF622)
> >
> > To manage notifications about this bug go to:

> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1070006
>
> Title:
> Mobile Broadband Fails to Configure on Ubuntu-Gnome (ZTE MF622)
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:

  Mobile Broadband Fails to Configure on Ubuntu-Gnome (ZTE MF622)

Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “modemmanager” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “network-manager” package in Fedora:
  Unknown

Bug description:
  The modem (ZTE MF622) is recognised and 'Mobile Broadband' can be
  enabled.  The network is shown ('3' in the UK) and has signal strength
  bars (2 for me). However, the modem doesn't connect.

  Ubuntu Desktop displays a Mobile Broadband Connection dialog/wizard
  which allows me to select and configure my network provider.  Ubuntu
  Gnome doesn't - I'm not sure if this is relevant.

  Syslog does not show any activity by pppd, whereas it does on Desktop.
  In fact, nothing relevant is shown in syslog after ModemManager shows
  the change of state of the modem from 'enabled' to 'registered'.

  Package: modemmanager 0.6.0.0.really-0ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 3.5.0-17-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.6.1-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: i386