Public bug reported:

Release:        12.10

fglrx-amdcccle-updates 2:9.000-0ubuntu3
fglrx-updates 2:9.000-0ubuntu3

When using pivot (rotated screen), a single line exactly in the middle
of the screen is missing, which is especially noticeable with text. It's
as if the driver tries to render the contents of the screen on a canvas
which is 1px less wide than the screen, causing it to remove a single
line. When you take a window, like the browser, and move it horizontally
on the screen, this effect can be noticed very easily.

The resolution is correct though, the screen is reported as "DFP1
connected 900x1600+0+0 left" by xrandr.

It only occurs with fglrx, not with the open-source radeon driver.

The cursor is not affected by this problem.

I know that Ubuntu maintainers have no means to fix this (unless it's a
misconfiguration), but maybe the maintainer can report this problem to
AMD.

Please note that "ubuntu-bug fglrx-installer" doesn't work so I've just
attached the relevant log file.

** Affects: fglrx-installer (Ubuntu)

** Tags: fglrx pivot

** Attachment added: "Xorg.0.log"
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1070883/+attachment/3411827/+files/Xorg.0.log

Packages, which is subscribed to fglrx-installer in Ubuntu.

  Pivot causes missing single line on screen

Status in “fglrx-installer” package in Ubuntu: