Sorry to awaken such an old thread, but in case anyone is still having
problems with this, I was able to get it working perfectly in my
environment. I was experiencing the original issue and I tried the
MattPie/Emu solution from posts #20/21, but I was still receiving two
password prompts for local users. I ended up taking their suggestions
and coming up with this:

I did not have to change anything in /etc/pam.d/gnome-screensaver.
Instead, I made the first two lines in /etc/pam.d/common-auth file read
as follows:

auth    [success=2 default=ignore]      pam_ldap.so
auth    [success=1 default=ignore]      pam_unix.so nullok_secure use_first_pass

Using this configuration, both local users and ldap users can log into
the desktop AND unlock the screensaver by entering their password only
once. I cannot speak to how well this works with an encrypted ldap
setup.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-screensaver in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/64301

Title:
  Unable to unlock screen when using ldap

Status in GNOME Screensaver:
  Invalid
Status in “gnome-screensaver” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  After locking the screen, you are unable to unlock it again when using
  ldap authentication.

  No errors, it just keeps saying wrong password.
  Local users can unlock the screen, but only if /etc/libnss-ldap.conf 
/etc/pam_ldap.conf are readable for everyone, which i don't want since this 
files contain passwords to connect to the ldapserver.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-screensaver/+bug/64301/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to