dmesg from non-working kernel

** Attachment added: "bad.dmesg"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/1069574/+attachment/3414073/+files/bad.dmesg

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in Ubuntu.

  Intel graphics card driver update causes black screen

Status in “xserver-xorg-video-intel” package in Ubuntu:

  Hi, today I installed an update: xserver-xorg-video-intel
  2:2.17.0-1ubuntu4.2 and after GRUB boots my laptop, I get a black
  screen. I have a Dimension E5510 with Intel on board graphics. It was
  working perfectly before the update. Please fix this issue. Please let
  me know if you need further info. Thanks! I had to use the nomodeset
  option of grub to get my laptop screen to show again.

  Release:      12.04

  xserver-xorg-video-intel:
    Installed: 2:2.17.0-1ubuntu4.2
    Candidate: 2:2.17.0-1ubuntu4.2