I am not sure if this is actually the same bug but the symptoms seem to
be consistent; maybe it should be a separate bug report.

I did not have this bug in 12.04 but it showed up after upgrading an existing
system to 12.10. It also manifests itself in the exact same way on a brand-new
system with a fresh install of 1210.
It seems settings (including but not limited to keyboard shortcuts) for certain
Compiz plugins are occasionally reset to their default values after a system
reboot or crash. I think I have seen this occur after using the compiz settings
import/export functionality as an easy workaround, as I have also occasionally
lost the settings without reboot.

As stepankk mentioned above it seems to affect some shortcuts that use
Alt and Super but does not always affect all of them. I have experienced
reset settings and shortcuts from the following plugins: General
Options, Desktop Wall, Expo, Ubuntu Unity, Move Window, Resize Window,
Grid, and Gnome Compatibility. Again, these do not always all revert
together. It seems the Move Window, Resize Window, and Grid plugins seem
to reset with the most frequency on the new machine and the Ubuntu Unity
Plugin settings on the upgraded machine.

  Ubuntu forgets keyboard shortcuts after a restart

Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:
  Opinion

Bug description:
  I use Dell XPS 1640. I'm using the latest ubuntu 12 and updated
  everything as of today. I assign some shortcuts for music to ubuntu
  keyboard shortcuts such as when i press ALT + X the music
  plays/pauses. However, after I restart the system, ubuntu forgets them
  and I have to reconfigure it everytime.

  I am new to Ubuntu but willing to help on debugging if it is simple
  and not technical.

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.3.92-0ubuntu4
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-20.32-generic-pae 3.2.12
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-20-generic-pae i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
  ApportVersion: 1.95-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: i386