** Tags added: kubuntu

Packages, which is subscribed to fglrx-installer in Ubuntu.

  Laptop hangs after screen goes into powersave

Status in “fglrx-installer” package in Ubuntu:

  As requested in Bug #1063156 I open a separate report here.

  After the screen of my laptop goes into powersave mode, often the
  computer hangs with the screen in powersave mode. Nothing can be done
  anymore except for using the SysRq magic keys to reboot the computer.
  It happens about half of the times for me when I leave my computer and
  come back after an hour.

  I'm not actually sure whether the powersave mode triggers the hang, or
  the other way round. Possibly the bug causes both the hang and the
  screen going to powersave. A possible indication for the latter, is
  that powersave mode is disabled in Kubuntu's System Settings.

  When the lockup has happened, the laptop's fan is running on full
  speed continuously.

  I will attach a Xorg.0.log.old file containing "EQ overflowing"
  messages, from when the bug occured.

  Package: xorg 1:7.6+12ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-32.51-generic-pae 3.2.30
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-32-generic-pae i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu14
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Mon Oct 29 19:20:46 2012
  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Release i386 (20110427)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=nl_NL
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, user)
   LANG=nl_NL.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: xorg
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2012-04-28 (183 days ago)