Public bug reported:

Steps to reproduce:
1) Write an application
2) Try to get it included in the USC via developer.ubuntu.com

What should happen:
- The application should get approved or completely rejected within acceptable
period of time.

What happens:
- The application can be pending for months and nothing happens. I submitted my
app (fleetingpm) for almost a year ago.
I got one comment 9 months ago, fixed the problem and the application is still
pending. This is not acceptable.

I know that PPA's are cool and I'm happily using them. However, new
users necessarily don't understand the concept at all, they don't find
the software and PPA's are clumsy to install.

I'm not sure what's the point of developer.ubuntu.com if there are not
enough resources to run it.

** Affects: software-center (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug quantal running-unity

** Description changed:

  Steps to reproduce:
  1) Write an application
  2) Try to get it included in the USC via developer.ubuntu.com

  What should happen:
  - The application should get approved or completely rejected within
acceptable period of time.

  What happens:
  - The application can be pending for months and nothing happens. I submitted
my app (fleetingpm) for almost a year ago.
  I got one comment 9 months ago, fixed the problem and the application is
still pending. This is not acceptable.

  I know that PPA's are cool and I'm happily using them. However, new
  users necessarily don't understand the concept at all, they don't find
  the software and PPA's are clumsy to install.

  I'm not sure what's the point of developer.ubuntu.com if there are not
  enough resources to run it.
-
- ProblemType: Bug
- DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.10
- Package: software-center 5.4.1.2
- ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-18.29-generic 3.5.7
- Uname: Linux 3.5.0-18-generic x86_64
- ApportVersion: 2.6.1-0ubuntu6
- Architecture: amd64
- Date: Wed Nov 14 22:19:00 2012
- InstallationDate: Installed on 2012-10-19 (25 days ago)
- InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20120823.1)
- MarkForUpload: True
- PackageArchitecture: all
- ProcEnviron:
-  TERM=xterm
-  PATH=(custom, no user)
-  XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
-  LANG=en_US.UTF-8
-  SHELL=/bin/bash
- SourcePackage: software-center
- UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to quantal on 2012-10-19 (25 days ago)

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  Application approval process via developer.ubuntu.com is too slow

Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu: