** Tags added: precise

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  System hangs after installing Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit

Status in “xserver-xorg-video-nouveau” package in Ubuntu:

  I have the following hardware configuration:
  Intel 2nd Gen Core i7-2600 3.4GHz 64 bit, 8GB DDR3, 1.5TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce
GT420

  I had Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.10 64 bit installed.

  a) I downloaded Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 bit, burned it on DVD at 8x and
  rebooted. I see the initial ubuntu startup screen and the screen goes
  blank with some messages. Thereafter the system hangs with no
  response. The only option is to reboot. So I could not install 12.04
  LTS

  b) I then downloaded 12.04 LTS alternate 64 bit. The installation went
smoothly but after restarting and loading Ubuntu in grub, the system freezes
with some messages.

  See attached picture for both the cases when the system stopped
  responding. Note that I was able to install 64 bit Ubuntu 11.04 and
  lower.