I have now set up a local precise machine.
I use xrdp to connect to the new box.
On the old machine, I use tsclient in lucid.

All is fine and dandy till I try to launch an application in the precise screen.
At that moment, tsclient stops, and tries a reconnect.

Below the logging after starting tsclient from the command line.

** (tsclient:11817): WARNING **:
Autoselected keyboard map en-us
ERROR: channel_register
WARNING: Initializing sound-support failed!
X Error of failed request:  BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  23 (X_GetSelectionOwner)
  Atom id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  29974

** (tsclient:11817): WARNING **:
Autoselected keyboard map en-us
ERROR: channel_register
WARNING: Initializing sound-support failed!
X Error of failed request:  BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  23 (X_GetSelectionOwner)
  Atom id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  30804

(tsclient:11817): GLib-GObject-WARNING **:
/build/buildd/glib2.0-2.24.1/gobject/gsignal.c:2390: instance
`0x965f8e0' has no handler with id `1162'

** (tsclient:11817): WARNING **:
Autoselected keyboard map en-us
ERROR: channel_register
WARNING: Initializing sound-support failed!
X Error of failed request:  BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  23 (X_GetSelectionOwner)
  Atom id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  33698

(tsclient:11817): GLib-GObject-WARNING **:
/build/buildd/glib2.0-2.24.1/gobject/gsignal.c:2390: instance
`0x965f9c0' has no handler with id `2388'

** Affects: rdesktop (Ubuntu)

lucid tsclient channel_register error on connecting to precise
Packages, which is subscribed to rdesktop in Ubuntu.