** Attachment added: ".xsession-errors, search line with metacity.desktop
(crash time)"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/metacity/+bug/1081297/+attachment/3439813/+files/.xsession-errors

Packages, which is subscribed to metacity in Ubuntu.

  metacity crashes and xinerama reconfigures screens

Status in “metacity” package in Ubuntu:

  I have regular flickering screens (xinerama re-initialises them) in a
dual-screen setup under gnome-2d, as can be seen in .xsession-errors and
Xorg.0.log.
  Sometimes metacity crashes then, as it was the case recently, when I had
verbose logging-mode on.

  Last 1000 lines of the log before the crash are here:
  http://paste.ubuntu.com/1373239/
  Line 764 looks to me like the reconfiguration due to a 'flicker'.

  Console output of metacity (started from there with METACITY_VERBOSE=1
METACITY_USE_LOGFILE=1 metacity --replace)
  metacity:ERROR:core/boxes.c:1165:meta_rectangle_edge_aligns: code should not
be reached

  and there is
  /var/crash/_usr_bin_metacity.1000.crash

  which I will attach.

  I do not know, if the two problems are really related (metacity crash,
xinerama re-init), but it looked like (happened at the same time).
  Any debugging hints to find the reason for the xinerama re-init are welcome.
Sometimes it is impossible to work due to high frequency of re-inits.

  Package: metacity 1:2.34.1-1ubuntu11
  NonfreeKernelModules: openafs