edit -
Boot works after disconnecting and reconnecting power supply.
- added package name

** Package changed: ubuntu => xorg (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: xorg

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  (12.10) intermittent boot failure / black screen

Status in “xorg” package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 12.10 (Xubuntu)
  HP p2-1033w - AMD E-300 APU with Radeon 6310 integrated graphics

  My pc sometimes will not boot properly and will stay at a black screen
  with blinking cursor. It usually displays the GRUB bootloader and
  boots normally. After disconnecting and reconnecting power, I am able
  to boot Ubuntu but the intermittent booting problem continues.