Architecture: amd64
Date: Sat Sep 17 15:00:57 2011
SourcePackage: gnome-control-center

** Affects: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug natty running-unity

  Global multimedia keys doesn't work with Firefox and Thunderbird

Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:

  I have defined Firefox and Thunderbird like my default apps for web and mail
respectively.
  I have defined two keys of my keyboard to open each application but when I
press the browser key, it opens Firefox and it tries to open a site with a
"random" number like URL (For example: http://2335304039/).
  And if I press the mail key it does nothing.
  I have detected that the problem is the value "%u" in next gconf keys:
/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http/command,
/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/https/command and
/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/mailto/command

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:2.32.1-0ubuntu15
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0.0-11.17-core2 3.0.4-ck1
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-11-core2 x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  Architecture: amd64