The upstream ticket suggests that the issue should be fixed in the
current version, closing the bug. Feel free to reopen it or open a new
bug if there is still an issue though

** Changed in: ibus (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to ibus in Ubuntu.

  Shift-space inserts a space

Status in IBus:
  Unknown
Status in “ibus” package in Ubuntu:

  I use Shift-space to enable/disable ibus.  When I press Shift-space in
  Emacs, it inserts a space and activate ibus.  This happens only at the
  first time I activate ibus in the buffer.  Shift-space does not inserts
  a space after the second time in the same buffer.