Ok, I'll leave this in the Incomplete status.  You can add more info, if
it happens some more, and we can change the status then, if needed.  If
not, the bug will expire in 60 days, without our having to do any more.

Thanks for following up!

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Shut Down not working on login screen

Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:

  The key presses normally.. i.e. you click it and the drop-down menu
  goes.. Although no action is performed.. After logging in it works
  fine..

  Added on 25 Nov, 0620 hrs (GMT):

  When I encountered this problem I was logged in.

  And now I am not able to reproduce the situation.