I'm now using 1.13.0 having the same issue.

Reverting the patch from comment #1 fixes the issue for me.

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  Xubuntu 12.10 + Xorg server 1.13 = Window decoration missing

Status in Xfce4 window manager:
  Unknown
Status in X.Org X server:
  Confirmed
Status in “xorg-server” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “xorg-server” package in Debian:

  I'm running Xubuntu 12.10 with the latest updates and certain themes
  that use 1pix window border, like Greybird won't show title bar and
  window borders.

  This problem exists at least with Nvidia drivers, Vmware and Virtual
  Box. And it doesn't exist in a fresh Ubuntu 12.04 with xorg server
  1.11 using the same drivers.

  Other people found the same issues, so I think it's a general thing.
  https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1152840