thank you for your bug report, it's somewhat similar to bug #890747

** Changed in: gnome-system-monitor (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-system-monitor in Ubuntu.

  No "Ctrl + Shift + Esc" keybindings to show System Monitor

Status in “gnome-system-monitor” package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  I was recently showing a friend my Ubuntu installation. He has been
  using Windows since around 1996, and so is used to using the Control +
  Shift + Escape keybinding to show the (system monitor / process list)
  in Windows.

  In Ubuntu, there is no such keybinding by default.

  For us experienced Linux users, it's probably not a big deal, but for
  someone coming from Windows after using it for a number of years, it
  could be an issue.

  This was tested in 12.10 / Quantal Quetzal. I am pretty sure the same
  applies to 11.10 and 12.04