** Changed in: file-roller

Packages, which is subscribed to file-roller in Ubuntu.

  Add Microsoft Cabinet archive filetype (application/vnd.ms-cab-
  compressed) to MimeType field of file-roller.desktop.in and add p7zip-
  full to Suggests or Recommends

Status in File Roller:
  Fix Released
Status in “file-roller” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in Baltix GNU/Linux:

  Currently (in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and 12.10) File-Roller isn't associated
  with Microsoft Cabinet archive filetype (application/vnd.ms-cab-
  compressed) and users doesn't know how to open CAB archives in Ubuntu
  :(, see for example this question: http://askubuntu.com/questions/5273
  /how-do-you-view-the-contents-of-a-cab-file

  Please add Microsoft Cabinet archive filetype (application/vnd.ms-cab-
  compressed) to MimeType field of data/file-roller.desktop.in (or
  file-roller.desktop.in.in - I don't know which one should be patched)
  file and add p7zip-full to Suggests or Recommends (p7zip-full package
  is installed by file-roller automatically, when I tried to open .cab
  file with File-Roller).

  I'm attaching a patch, which adds application/vnd.ms-cab-compressed)
  to MimeType field of file-roller.desktop

  Btw, It seems Ubuntu developers forgot to add p7zip package to
  Suggests - Debian package depends on p7zip, but Ubuntu developers
  removed this dependency and forgot to add p7zip to Suggests :(