At the moment I'm using 12.04 LTS 64-bit and completely different set of
hardware.
I have only 1 computer running at the moment and no ogg files at hand so at the
moment I can't test anything related to this bug.

but i will get back to you once i've fixed that :-)

thanks for your reply

Packages, which is subscribed to vorbis-tools in Ubuntu.

  ogg123 crashed with SIGSEGV in ao_play()

Status in “vorbis-tools” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: vorbis-tools

  Had juke locally running in a detached screen session.

  When I logged in with another computer via ssh ogg123 crashed

  well, what can I say....I don't have a clue....glad that apport could
  make more of it than me ;-)

  ProblemType: Crash
  Architecture: i386