My QSi drive died years ago... It might be safe to assume this bug's
expired.

Packages, which is subscribed to brasero in Ubuntu.

  [kernel] CD-RW erasing fails on QSI drives

Status in Allows you to created CDs on a CD recorder:
  New
Status in nautilus-cd-burner:
  Unknown
Status in “brasero” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “cdrtools” package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in “cdrtools” package in Debian:
  Fix Released
Status in “cdrtools” package in Fedora:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  I suppose it's a cdrecord problem, although it is also encountered in
  nautilus-cd-burner.

  Problem:
  It is impossible to burn a cd-rw with nautilus. It opens druid if empty cd-rw
is
  inserted, but reports an error. However it is possible to burn a cd-rw with
  cdrecord (with different frontends).
  It is impossible to erase a cd-rw with cdrecord (CLI or with frontend like
  xcdroast). However, it is possible to erase a cd-rw with cdrdao.

  Note: Added [kernel] tag as the SCSI blank command is perfectly OK
  and as this problem is only present on Linux. It seems that the Linux
  kernel modifies the SCSI cdb before sending it ti the drive. This explains why
  a perfectly correct SCSI command will get an error "Illegal Field in CDB".